- Self Ethnic...
Family Background: Nigeria
Born: Saudi Arabia
Raised: Saudi Arabia
Living: Studying in the UK
Languages: Arabic, Hausa, English
- C: What is like when you go back to Nigeria?
- B: It feels like home.
- C: Is there one place that is home more than the other?
- B: This one is difficult. Any place you go you feel like home and I know maybe you share the same feeling.
- C: Did your parents speak Hausa at home in Saudi Arabia?
- B: At home we speak Hausa and 80% of our community speak Hausa even those who are not Hausa speak Hausa. I remember they had to send a child back home because he couldn’t speak Hausa.
- C: Why did your parents move?
- B:I think it’s normally Islamic ideology. In Saudi Arabia there are two things that bring many people. First the religion, than the business. You have oil. That is attracting workers.
- C: Do you have dual citizenship?
- B: If your father is not a citizen you can’t be a citizen in Saudi Arabia. All these Arab countries they are like that.
- C: If someone asked you where are you from what would you say?
- B: Nigeria
- Justina Kehinde